The reason behind why I choose WSON
5/27/2008 11:18:00 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
OK, So I have had alot of people ask me why I wanted to become a nurse and why I choose WSON for nursing school. So I am going to lay it all out.....
I have always had a real passion for people. I am amazed with how the human body works. I love how science meets the human body to heal. To be a nurse and to be there in someones time of need to me will be a very rewarding career.
I choose WSON of nursing for several reasons.......aside from the fact that it is only ten minutes from where I live.
1. Watts is a VERY hard school to get in. My counselor told me that they only accept the top 15-20% of ALL people who apply. She then went on to tell me that my placement test along with my transcripts placed me in the top 3%.
2. The shorter amount of time that it takes to graduate versus other schools. I can get trained to be a RN in 2 years, other schools take 4 years to train you. The training from what I hear is some of the hardest in the country.
3. Watts will give you full tuition reimbursement (minus taxes) if you agree to stay on and work for Duke for at least 3 years after you graduate. They will give back 1/3 of your tuition every year that you work full time which is wonderful considering tuition for 3 years will be almost $24,000.
4. Watts produces students that are HIGHLY SOUGHT-AFTER and highly skilled. The nurses that come out of Watts had so much more skill and they are very sought-after. One lady that I talked to that graduated last year said that eveyone in her class was approached by recruiters BEFORE they even finshed. Some were offered more than just tuition reimbursement if they decided to come and work their hospital instead. Last year 96% of WSON students passed the RN exam as opposed to the state average of 86%.
5. I love that Watts is VERY TRADITIONAL!!! Right down to the hats :)! I can't wait to see what my school uniform will look like!
6. After I finish at MOC I will have no more night classes. I will have 3-4 days of classes plus 1 clinical the first semester and 2-3 days of classes with 2 clinicals for the rest of the semesters at WSON. Plus I will be done every day around 4 and I will have no weekend classes.
It is going to be A LOT of work but it is doable. The instructors are very strict, (i.e. Dress code, absentee policy) but it will be WORTH IT in the end for me. I am so lucky that I have a husband that doesn't want me to work while going to school. He says that the fact that I will be in school PLUS getting to stay home with my daughter will be all the WORK that I will need to do. :) I love him!!!!
I have always had a real passion for people. I am amazed with how the human body works. I love how science meets the human body to heal. To be a nurse and to be there in someones time of need to me will be a very rewarding career.
I choose WSON of nursing for several reasons.......aside from the fact that it is only ten minutes from where I live.
1. Watts is a VERY hard school to get in. My counselor told me that they only accept the top 15-20% of ALL people who apply. She then went on to tell me that my placement test along with my transcripts placed me in the top 3%.
2. The shorter amount of time that it takes to graduate versus other schools. I can get trained to be a RN in 2 years, other schools take 4 years to train you. The training from what I hear is some of the hardest in the country.
3. Watts will give you full tuition reimbursement (minus taxes) if you agree to stay on and work for Duke for at least 3 years after you graduate. They will give back 1/3 of your tuition every year that you work full time which is wonderful considering tuition for 3 years will be almost $24,000.
4. Watts produces students that are HIGHLY SOUGHT-AFTER and highly skilled. The nurses that come out of Watts had so much more skill and they are very sought-after. One lady that I talked to that graduated last year said that eveyone in her class was approached by recruiters BEFORE they even finshed. Some were offered more than just tuition reimbursement if they decided to come and work their hospital instead. Last year 96% of WSON students passed the RN exam as opposed to the state average of 86%.
5. I love that Watts is VERY TRADITIONAL!!! Right down to the hats :)! I can't wait to see what my school uniform will look like!
6. After I finish at MOC I will have no more night classes. I will have 3-4 days of classes plus 1 clinical the first semester and 2-3 days of classes with 2 clinicals for the rest of the semesters at WSON. Plus I will be done every day around 4 and I will have no weekend classes.
It is going to be A LOT of work but it is doable. The instructors are very strict, (i.e. Dress code, absentee policy) but it will be WORTH IT in the end for me. I am so lucky that I have a husband that doesn't want me to work while going to school. He says that the fact that I will be in school PLUS getting to stay home with my daughter will be all the WORK that I will need to do. :) I love him!!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment