Love letter to my husband.......

8/12/2008 01:07:00 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Love, it's a word that's sometimes overrated.
So often we say it, don't really mean it,
it just sounds good,
that's what I used to think.
But now, here we are, you and I
together a long time,
the ups and downs.
I never thought, we would make it this far,
but now I think,
of all the times we said, "I love you" to each other
saying it so often
that it becomes repetition,
easily overlooking the depth of what love really means.
It's just one word, yet it entails so many things.
Love is give and take as we both know.
It's compromise, it's saying, "I'm sorry".
And sometimes, yes sometimes,
you even feel like you've had enough.
But love is also patience,
it's for better, it's for worse
Sure, we get mad at each other,
but we also laugh together.
Just as love can be soft, it can also be tough.
And now as time has passed,
we've grown together
getting older together.
We've come to understand, that love is beyond the physical realm.
It's become so much more.
We're not just man and wife,
we're best friends, best buds.
Your the one I want with me
no matter where I go, or what I do.
Your the one who matters, the one I care for.
I used to think, "love" was overrated.
A word people used constantly,
not really meaning anything,
it just sounded good at the time.
But now I know, you and I,
though we say it all the time,
say,"I love you all the time,
It's not just a word. It entails so much more;
so much more than life.
This is for you, honey.
I will always love you.
Your wife.....

MRS. Pamela G. I. King

0 comments: