5/30/2008 11:12:00 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
I used to be an avid fan of Babycenter when I was pregnant with Kaity. After she was born I wasn't able to get on as much as I would have liked. Between lack of sleep, keeping house and going back to work (I had 21 days maternity leave and I used up 5 before she was born), I was tired. I would go to work, come home and spend time with her, clean up the house and have dinner ready for when B came home. Then I would pass out only to wake up again at 3am to be to work at 4:30am. I am SO GLAD that I became a stay at home after that. I was never getting any sleep, any real quality time with Kaity, or anytime for myself. I was going crazy. Yet now that Kaity is older and has this whole "I don't need you mommy" thing going on, I now have the time to be able to do more for myself. So I got back on Babycenter and I am glad that I have since I felt pretty isolated in the sense that I wasn't alone and that I had other moms out there to talk to and to relate to.
I have decided to start a new blog that will have all of the recipes that B and I have created over the years. I want to put them into a format that will one day be easier to print out and save since B and I are going to create a cookbook one day. This is something that he and I really want to do. A LOT of our recipes are amazing and some are our twists on recipes that are already out there. I am working on a kid friendly section that will allow Kaity to help me cook and hopefully she will enjoy as well. It's kinda hard to do that when her taste for food changes each week. One week she LOVES hot dogs and the next week she loathes them. She will hand back her little plate and say "ucky". It's cute but being her short order cook is growing tiresome.
So B missed getting on the team by 2.4 points. He had to shoot 90%. At least he will get to shoot again to re-qualify. I just hated it for him since they gave him a gun that he has never shot before and expected him to be able to shoot 90% or better in two days of practice and he has only able to shoot about 150 rounds each day. I know that copper is in short supply and bullets are expensive but damn. With practice he will only get better and hopefully he can find the time to get out to the range a lot in the coming weeks. I will have to make sure he does.Oh and about the car. Since he has changed a timing belt before and since I have changed a couple.......we are going to do it together over at Boonies house hopefully sometime when he is off next. I can't wait. There is nothing like spending time together having a few beers and working on a car together.
Oh and soon we will be going camping and I can't wait for that. I have to plan a menu and everything. Gotta get the list ready! I am so excited. We borrowed Cliff and Bev's tent since I can't find ours. Guess we will have to buy a new one which is good since our last one was a two person tent and we will need a bigger one for all three of us to fit inside. We haven't been camping in a while and I miss it. I used to go camping all the time and now we will start doing it more since she is older.
Steve just sent me a stupid text.......I love ya Steve but you're an idiot :)! I mean WTF was that?
Any who, B at first didn't like going camping but if you do it right it is a lot of fun. I love being outdoors and going for hikes and such. Kaity is already an outdoorsy kind of person so I know that she will enjoy it. I just wonder how she will do without being able to see Dora!

0 comments: